I did lots research before I arrived to find what looked like the best gay place to stay in Palm Springs. I was not disappointed and, although I have not looked around the other properties, I can’t see them being any better.
The location is great – in a very well manicured area of town. We walked to the center of town and the bars, restaurants and gay bars every night – it’s about a 15 minute walk.
You can tell the property has TLC – the place is perfect with all the amenities, and it’s cleaned spotlessly in the room and everywhere on the property.
We stayed in a suite with a patio out the back of the room. The room was large.
The price at $350 per night was a premium price but the property is a premium experience. The great news is that included in the rate is breakfast, lunch (very nice) and all tips – including tips is a great idea.
Some very good/special things:
- the concierge/generally looking after you, done by Paul and Rob, was fantastic – the guys are great
- the free wifi is excellent quality
- there is a kitchen with plates cups etc
- there is a guest laundry which is free
- the information pack in the room is first rate
- there is a pillow menu
- there is background music pipes through speakers all around the outside areas of the property. i would rater silence. but the good news is that it’s played very quietly and the music is innocuous rather than house or showtunes!
- there is lots of outside space and 2 pools so, even when full, it does not feel busy
- the general manager was off the day we arrived so Jim, the co-owner, was there to greet us and show us around the property – this is a great sign of a well run establishment
- on the last day, even after we had checked out, they offered us free lunch – which was lovely
- the 2 man shower is amazing with mid level jets as well as the overhead ones
- the room is lovely
- the kitchen had 2 fridges!
For more information, contact The Hacienda
From Within US:
1-800-359-2007 or 1-760-327-8111
From Outside US:
01-800-359-2007 or 01-760-327-8111Â